GLOBAL POLITICS IN A TROUBLED WORLD:
PERSPECTIVES FROM EUROPE AND IRAN
June 30 - July 12, 2018, in Tehran
(session period: July 1 - 11)
Center for Global Politics at Freie Universität Berlin (FUB), in cooperation with Center for
Graduate International Studies at University of Tehran (UT)
Both, Iran and Europe, are facing serious challenges in their regional contexts. Iran is involved in one way or another in defining its role in the MENA area, especially in the conflicts in and around Syria, Iraq and Yemen. Europe is facing a number of challenges, including huge immigration flows, the Eurocrisis, terrorism, a more assertive Russia, Brexit, political developments in China and the US and a rising wave of populism. The summer school will take up these conflicts, but also opportunities, and look for similarities and differences in attitudes. We therefore invite students from Iran, Germany and other countries to exchange their views and ideas on these topics.
- Earn a joint certificate of 4 ECTS from FUB and UT
- Take part in an enriching learning experience
- Connect with students and young professionals from Iran and Germany
- Make new contacts and develop long-lasting networks
- First academic degree (B.A. or equivalent) in political science or a related field
- Current studies at the Master’s level in international relations, political science, economics, communications or a related field
- Young professional in the field of media and communication
- Letter of Motivation & Curriculum Vitae (resume)
- Very good knowledge of English (if available, please send in a proof of your knowledge, e.g. English Language Diploma (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge Certificate or equivalent))
Apply online by May 3, 2018 via:
If you have trouble with the platform, please send your application directly to:
The tuition fee amounts to 25 €. Affordable accommodation (25 Euros per person/night in a double room including breakfast and free wifi) can be arranged in a guesthouse close to UT’s campus. For more information, please visit our website www.seasonal-schools.org or contact us directly.
Lydia Tetzner (Senior Program Manager)
Karolina Kaloyanova (Student Assistant)
Center for Global Politics, Freie Universität Berlin
This program is generously sponsored by DAAD with funding from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research and Heinrich Boell Foundation (HBS).