The Rise of Populism: A Threat to the Global System?
March 18 - 29, 2018, in Phnom Penh
(session period: March 19 – November 28)
Jointly offered by the Royal University of Phnom Penh (RUPP), Paññāsāstra University of Cambodia (PUC), University of Social Sciences and Humanities (USSH) of Vietnam National University (VNU) and the Center for Global Politics (CGP) at Freie Universität Berlin (FUB).
Over the course of ten days, the Global Politics Seasonal Schools gather like-minded people with different backgrounds to engage in intensive debates and enriching discussions on current hot topics. Providing a platform for international debate, the school invites academics and students from Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, Germany and other countries to exchange their ideas, views and insights.
The modules offered during this intensive short-term program will provide students with an insight into local challenges and various modes of regional cooperation, both in Europe and Southeast Asia. Various lectures will also discuss if/ to what extent the spread of populism poses a threat to the global system.
- Earn a joint certificate worth 4 ECTS credits from two renowned institutions
- Take part in an enriching learning experience and extracurricular activities
- Find out how to enroll in further study or Ph.D. programs in Germany
- Good knowledge of and interest in global politics, excellent command of English
- Final year of undergraduate studies or first academic degree (B.A. or equivalent)
- Letter of Motivation
- Curriculum Vitae (resume)
- Academic Transcripts
- English Language Diploma
Apply online by January 31, 2018 via:
The tuition fee for the Spring School amounts to 100 €. For more information, please visit our website www.seasonal-schools.org or contact us directly.
Lydia Tetzner (Senior Program Manager)
Center for Global Politics
Freie Universität Berlin