Navigation items and banners
GP Summer School Greece
July 12 - 25, 2013 in Rhodes
"Different Stories about Europe"
Jointly offered by the Department of Mediterranean Studies at University of the Aegean, ELIAMEP Athens, the Center for International and European Studies (CIES) at Kadir Has University, Istanbul and the Center for Global Politics at Freie Universität Berlin
The modules offered during this intensive short-term program will provide students with an insight into different perspectives on the European Union's future developments. A special emphasis will be put on political, financial, social and media-related challenges and opportunities in current EU cooperation. The exchange of views between German, Greek and Turkish academics and students will also focus on the EU's relations to the Mediterranean and, particularly Turkey and Greece.
In 2012, particular emphasis was placed on the European financial crisis as well as EU-Turkey relations:
- New Approaches to Global Politics
- Regional Politics and Global Governance
- Media and Politics in International Comparison
- Migrants, Migration, Theories and Policies: an Introduction
- International Political Economy
- EU Monetary Policy and the European Debt Crisis
- The EU after Lisbon: Integration and External Action
- The EU and its Neighbors: Turkish-EU Relations
- Simulation Game
- Earn a joint certificate with 4 ECTS credit points from four renowned institutions
- Take part in an enriching learning experience
- Find out how to enroll in further study or Ph.D. programs in Germany
- Make new contacts and join a vibrant international alumni network
- knowledge and interest in global politics
- first academic degree (B.A. or equivalent) in political science or a related field
- excellent command of English
- statement of purpose
- curriculum vitae (resume)
- academic transcripts and diplomas
- English language certificate
The application period ends on May 22, 2013.
In order to apply, register on our online application platform.
Should you experience any technical difficulties with the application software, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
ExpendituresDue to generous funding by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), there are no tuition fees. Participants are responsible for their own travel, accommodation and living expenses. Travel stipends are available to students from Greece (outside Rhodes) and Turkey.